(Updated with index futures, pre-market prices for Chinese groups listed on Wall Street and AMC)
PARIS, Dec. 27 (Reuters) –
Top stocks to watch on Tuesday on Wall Street, with major index futures suggesting an opening rise with
% for Dow Jones .DJI, from
% for the Standard & Poor’s 500 .SPX and
% for Nasdaq .IXIC:
* TESLA TSLA.O is considering a continuation in January of its program to cut output at its factory in Shanghai, China, an internal document consulted by Reuters showed, sending the stock down 2% in pre-trade on Tuesday.
* SOUTHWEST AIRLINES LUV.N fell 3% in pre-trade on Tuesday after the airline on Monday canceled thousands of flights due to the winter storm that hit the United States. Of the more than 3,800 flights canceled by US airlines, 2,800 were operated by Southwest Airlines.
* Chinese groups listed on Wall Street JD.COM JD.O, ALIBABA GROUP BABA.N and PINDUODUO PDD.O gain 2.5% to 3% in advance on the announcement of a new easing of health restrictions against COVID-19 from Beijing .
* AMC ENTERTAINMENT HOLDINGS AMC.N fell 9% in pre-market after the group announced a project to raise capital of $110 million (103 million euros).
* NEWS CORPORATION NWSA.O, AMAZON AMZN.O — Bloomberg Group does not want to buy Dow Jones, owned by News Corp, or the Washington Post, owned by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, a spokesman for Michael Bloomberg’s company said Sunday.
* NIO NIO.N – The Wall Street-listed Chinese electric carmaker fell 1.5% in premarket trade on Tuesday after cutting its forecast for fourth-quarter vehicle deliveries to a range now between 38,500 and 39,500, down from a previous 43,000 to 48,000.
(Writing by Claude Chendjou, Editing by Sophie Louet and Kate Entringer)