Home United State a young nurse found dead in her car

a young nurse found dead in her car

a young nurse found dead in her car

According to her mother-in-law, she called for help many times, but they never reached her. She believes that the young woman would still be alive if the authorities had been better prepared.

Anndel Taylor, 22, is one of 50 victims of what authorities are calling the “blizzard of the century” hitting the United States and Canada. She died stranded in her car in Buffalo, New York, a city particularly damaged by this historic storm.

On Friday, Anndel Taylor worked from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the nearby town, where she was training to become a nurse. A driving ban was issued at 9 o’clock, as the young woman was already at work.

Anndel Taylor left work 20 minutes early to escape in the blizzard, nevertheless she was still caught in the considerable amount of snow that had already fallen in the area. She was minutes from home when her car got stuck.

In an interview with the New York Post on Tuesday, Anndel Taylor’s mother-in-law said the young nurse would still be alive if authorities had been better prepared.

“So many lives could probably have been saved if they had put the travel ban in place the night before,” Laneesha Smith said.

Laneesha Smith explains that her daughter-in-law has called for help many times and that her relatives have done the same. They also tried to take their vehicle to pick her up but could not reach her due to the snow.

“Emergency services kept telling her they would try to reach her, but nothing. They never did,” laments Laneesha Smith.

According to County Sheriff Mark Poloncarz, the snow and wind were so heavy and the visibility so poor that help could not circulate normally, especially because of the many vehicles blocked on the road.

“They said they were prepared for this storm, but they weren’t prepared for this storm,” said the victim’s mother-in-law.

The body recovered two days later

The latter narrates New York Post that she last heard from Anndel Taylor shortly after noon on Christmas Eve and appeared to be doing well. The young woman has also sent videos of the snow around her car to her relatives.

“She had half a tank of gas left, so she was going to drive the car for a while and then turn it off and on again,” says Laneesha Smith. When she later called her daughter-in-law, she no longer answered the phone.

She adds that the following day, Saturday, the emergency services did not pick up the young woman, even though a passerby reported the presence of her inert body in the car. Therefore, it was his relatives who went to recover the victim’s body on Sunday.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here