On 26 and 27 January 2023, the Supervisory Authority for Insurance and Social Welfare (ACAPS) will host the seminar of the Group of Francophone Insurance Controllers (GCAF), for which it holds the rotating presidency.
Organized in Rabat, this meeting, which will bring together representatives from around twenty countries, will focus on two main themes: guarantee funds and inclusive insurance.
The seminar aims, on the one hand, to discuss best practices in these areas and to discuss the latest developments in insurance supervision and, on the other hand, to explore the means of developing the partnership and promoting channels of cooperation and exchange of expertise among GCAF members.
It will know the participation, in addition to representatives of the member authorities of the group of French-speaking insurance supervisory authorities, of the Deputy Secretary General of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) as well as representatives of the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) and the International Forum of Insurance Guarantee Funds (IFIGS–FIFGAss ).
It should be noted that ACAPS, which has held the presidency of GCAF since 2021, is one of the founding members of this group and contributes continuously to its work and meetings.
The insurance supervisory authorities of the French-speaking countries have come together within the framework of the group of French-speaking insurance supervisory authorities, GCAF, which has set itself the following objectives:
– Develop cooperation between members to promote, through the exchange of experience and information, best practices and the convergence of supervisory control methods;
– Provide, after review, comments on work circulated by IAIS;
– Strengthen, when necessary, contacts and exchanges with the other regional groups of the IAIS;
– Develop appropriate training strategies based on the Institute for Financial Stability (ISF) of BRI and all other training organizations;
– Examine the questions from the group members.