After becoming little jewels of technology, smartphones have over the years become an essential tool in our daily lives, in connection with our work or our leisure activities. Some do not hesitate to spend several hundred euros to afford one. Only one problem has come so quickly. In fact, mobiles arouse desire and have become a prime target for thieves. As for the risk of injury, there are many. So don’t take any risk and decide to take out mobile insurance for protect you from unnecessary expenses in case of theft or breakage. Mobile phone operator Bouygues Telecom also offers a wide range of smartphones. It is therefore logical that it also offers to insure your smartphone. That is how it worksBouygues Telecom mobile insurance.
Who can insure their mobile with Bouygues?
Of course. But it must still be remembered: To take out mobile insurance, you actually have to be registered for one Bouygues Telecom mobile plan. This is the first condition. But it is not the only one. To take out the mobile insurance offered by the operator, you must also to have purchased the unit to be insured (phone or tablet) with Bouygues Telecom distributors.
How do you subscribe to Bouygues Telecom mobile insurance?
To take out a mobile insurance contract with Bouygues Telecom, the operator’s mobile customers have two options:
- Within five calendar days from the date of purchase of the device from a Bouygues Telecom distributor ;
- When purchasing the device on the Bouygues Telecom website.
The membership comes into force on the day the member signs the membership form or the member receives the membership certificate against payment of the membership fee.
Subscription to Bouygues Telecom insurance is subject to a one year commitment period. It is automatically renewed every year by tacit agreement.
How much does Bouygues mobile insurance cost?
Like other mobile phone operators, Bouygues Telecom offers not one plan to insure your phone, but four. The price for membership depends on the range of the insured product at the time of membership. And each series is determined according to the brand, model and price of the smartphone or tablet. The more valuable it is, the higher the contribution amount will be. In addition, you are required to subscribe to the subscription that corresponds to the range of your device.
At Bouygues Telecom, there are four series in total, and the prices vary from €3.99/month to €14.99/month. On the other hand, regardless of the class of your phone, you benefit from the same guarantees.
In addition, Bouygues Telecom offers Mobile Devices insurance, which allows you to insure all your connected devices, regardless of whether you purchased them through the operator or not. This formula is at the monthly rate of 16.99 euros and includes the same guarantees with the same conditions as mobile insurance.
|The price of Bouygues mobile insurance|
|Telephone range||Monthly rate including tax in euros|
Bouygues mobile insurance: what are the guarantees?
From one operator to another, the guarantees offered by mobile insurance are largely the same, namely: theft, fraudulent use, breakage and oxidation:
- In case of breakage or oxidation (accident, clumsiness, negligence), the smartphone or tablet is either repaired or replaced by another identical device (same brand, same model, same OS, same capacity) or iso-functional, refurbished or new.
- In case of theft (lurking, pickpocketing, assault, burglary and smuggling), your smartphone or tablet will be replaced under the same conditions. Compared to fraudulent communications and connections made within 48 hours of the flight, they will be refunded to you. In the same way as the new SIM card, up to a maximum of €25.
In addition, accessories are guaranteed up to €80 per damage. Finally, Bouygues Telecom’s mobile insurance does not apply no deductible and supports up to two injuries per year.
What is not covered by Bouygue’s mobile insurance
Like almost all mobile insurance policies, Bouygues Telecom contains certain Disclaimer of Warranties. First of all, there are the exclusions common to all warranties, such as intentional or fraudulent fault on the part of the insured. Then there are the exceptions that are specific to the damage or oxidation guarantee, such as damage due to lack of care, the breakdown or scratches or scratches. There is also a specific exception to the theft warranty: steal when the insured product is located more than two meters from the insured. Finally, the loss of your smartphone is also not covered by Bouygue’s mobile insurance.
Before you register, you must therefore take your time read the insurance leaflet carefully on which all warranty exclusions appear.
How do you report a claim with Bouygue’s telephone insurance?
To report a claim to Bouygues mobile insurance, the operator advises you to contact its service provider directly, namely SPB. The ways to contact SPB are:
– via the Internet at the address: https://bouyguestelecom.spb.eu by going to the insured area (the identifiers appear on the membership form). This is the preferred option.
– by telephone at 09.70.82.03.06
– via e-mail at the address SPB – Assurance Mobile – Bouygues Telecom CS 900000 76095 Le Havre Cedex
Now what to do in the event of a disaster?
- In the event of theft, you must immediately contact Bouygues Telecom to have your SIM card blocked. You must file a complaint with a police station or gendarmerie as soon as possible. Finally, you must send SPB a copy of the submitted complaint.
- In the event of damage or oxidation, Bouygues Telecom asks the member to refrain from carrying out any repairs himself or to allow an after-sales service of his choice to repair them. It also requests to follow the instructions of the SPB, to which it will be necessary to send the phone that suffered the disaster.
- In case of fraudulent use of the SIM card, you must send SPB the detailed invoice certifying the amount of the fraudulent calls or connections.
In all cases, you must finally send the SPB invoice for the purchase of the insured device.
Bouygues Telecom mobile insurance: how to cancel?
If you want to cancel your Bouygues Telecom mobile insurance, you have several options. First of all, you can do it without having to justify a reason, in one 14 days after the registration date. This is called the grace period. But this delay works on one condition: that you do not file a claim during this period.
After this date, you must wait for the end of your one-year commitment period to freely terminate. You can then do it very easily via the Internet, by telephone or by mail. mail using the same contact information as for reporting a claim (see above).