Friday, June 21, 2024
HomeUnited StateJapan, United Kingdom, United States: visas for highly qualified professionals

Japan, United Kingdom, United States: visas for highly qualified professionals

French abroad has sectioned three countries: Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States in demand for qualified personnel, and presents the regulations put in place to attract and welcome them.


There has been a Highly Skilled Professional visa since 2012. It works on a points system (a minimum of 70 points must be achieved) and is aimed at talent from all over the world. This visa can be issued in three categories:

  • Advanced academic research activities (teaching, research or research orientation in a private or public body)
  • Specialized or advanced technical activities (natural or human sciences in a public or private body)
  • Advanced business management activities

This visa is issued for a period of one to five years for the applicant and his family. An extension request may be requested.

To obtain this precious sesame, your future employer must submit a certificate of eligibility to the regional immigration office, which must approve it. As soon as you receive your visa, you have three months to go and live in Japan. All you have to do is claim your residence permit.

> To find out more:


Recently introduced (since May 30), the British government introduced the High Potential Individual Visa (HPI). The goal: incite students from top schools around the world to work in Britain.

Each year, the government will publish a list of universities whose graduating students will be eligible for the HPI. It will be addressed to all those who have demonstrated “their potential through their academic results”as indicated by Kevin Foster, Minister of Safe and Legal Migration at our colleagues at

This visa represents a cost of around 825 euros (715 pounds), and the duration can vary between 2 and 3 yearss depending on the degree level.

> For more information:

United States

On the other side of the Atlantic, the United States has implemented the H1B visa. Much in demand, the government had to limit the issuance of this visa.

To be eligible for this visa, several criteria must be met:

  • Hold either a Bachelor’s US related to the position to be held, and obtained at an accredited university, either a foreign diploma related to the position to be held, equivalent to or higher than a US Bachelor’s degree, or a license certifying their ability to exercise the position to be held .
  • Have completed training or have substantial professional experience related to the position to be occupied.
  • Being hired and sponsored by an American company.

It is issued for a period of three years and can be renewed up to a maximum of six years. When filing the H1B visa application, the applicant will have to pay 181 dollars (usual application fee) and 500 dollars specific to this visa.

The beneficiary of this visa will have favorable conditions such as the possibility of bringing along one’s family, of changing employers, of obtaining the Green Card as well as a grace period of 10 days in the event of dismissal.

> For more information:



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular