(Updated with index futures, pre-market prices from Apple, Microsoft, Salesforce, Block and oil companies)
PARIS, Jan 4 (Reuters) –
Top stocks to watch on Wednesday on Wall Street, with futures on major indexes suggesting an opening rise with
% for Dow Jones .DJI, from
% for the Standard & Poor’s 500 .SPX and
% for Nasdaq .IXIC:
* APPLE AAPL.O – Apple’s iPhone sales across the big three U.S. carriers rose month-on-month in November, a sign that demand remains strong, JP Morgan said. Apple stock rose 1% in pre-market.
* The oil groups EXXON MOBIL XOM.N and CHEVRON
CVX.N fell 1% and 1.2% as oil prices retreated on concerns over Chinese demand.
* SALESFORCE CRM.N rose 2% in premarket trading as the software maker announced plans on Wednesday to cut about 10% of its global workforce and close some of its offices as part of a restructuring plan.
* MICROSOFT MSFT.O fell 2.2% in pre-market after UBS lowered its recommendation on the group to “neutral” from “buy”.
* RIVIAN AUTOMOTIVE RIVN.O – The electric car maker said Tuesday it narrowly missed its full-year 2022 production target of 25,000 cars.
* U.S.-listed Chinese companies are listed higher in foreclosure trading on hopes of a post-COVID recovery in China’s economy. BAIDU
BIDU.O, PINDUODUO PDD.O and JD.COM JD.O rose 4.9% to 6.4%. ALIBABA BABA.N gained 6.7% after its subsidiary Ant Group received approval from Chinese regulators to raise 10.5 billion yuan for its consumer division.
* KIMBERLY-CLARK KMB.N – Jefferies lowers its recommendation to “hold” versus “buy.”
* BLOCK SQ.N rose 1.1% in premarket trading as Baird upgraded its recommendation to “outperform” with a target price of $78.
(Laetitia Volga and Claude Chendjou; Editing by Kate Entringer)